Wednesday, July 27, 2011

McDonald's provides the best unintentional Mac ad ever

You always knew they were a Big Mac supporter. (Groan)

Adland's editor, Åsk, shared this image on Google+ last night, and I was able to track it back to here.

Click to supersize

It is claimed to be an authentic McDonald's wifi setup guide, with parallel Windows and Mac instructions. (Is Linux on the back?)

For all the reasons I have to hate Apple, this is a good reminder why I love them too.

If you know this to be a hoax, or can provide corroborating sightings, please let me know

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, it looks like a hoax to me, or else an horrifically-bad piece of tech writing - in real life, connecting to a WiFi hotspot involves about the same number of steps on Mac and Windows. You could write a Mac version of those instructions that takes the user into the control panel and requires him/her to examine every setting.

    When I chaired XML 2007 in Boston, nearly 100% of our tech-support calls were from MacBook users who couldn't get their computers to work with the WiFi or the projectors. The Linux and Windows laptops just worked. I see the same thing at Bridgehead - almost everyone connects to the WiFi with no problem, but when there's a problem, it's usually an iPad or (less often) a MacBook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal experience has been quite different. Never a problem connecting any of my Apple products to home, office, client, studio or coffee house wi-fi, constant nightmare with my Linux Netbook.

    I also note that my PC "suit" colleagues have a harder time connecting than I do on occasion.

    Anecdotal, but there it is. My favourite thing about Apple has always been the effortless wireless connectivity.

    ReplyDelete