Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chipotle is killing them softly with this song

Don't get me wrong. I eat meat, and I prefer to eat ethical meat. I also love the aesthetics of this straight-to web video by Chipotle, who use a gentle Willie Nelson cover of Coldplay's "The Scientist" and a wonderful animation by London's Johnny Kelly to promote their move to more sustainable food systems.



I applaud them on the effort, although I remain skeptical that a large fast food chain can be as local and low-tech as that. They have, however donated more than $2 million over the past two years to philanthropic organizations including Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, The Nature Conservancy, FamilyFarmed.org, The Lunch Box and the Niman Ranch Scholarship Fund. 

They've also been at this since last year:




Do you buy it?


(Thanks to @jayham for the tip.)

2 comments:

  1. Have you made it to Kemptville yet to try the branch restaurant? Local, organic, sustainable — and some amazing music. Worth the drive. http://www.thebranchrestaurant.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also question their ability to support such animal agriculture on a fast food budget. I know that when I order a vegetarian burrito there, they gingerly put on a few scant slices of peppers and onions while the "other" burritos get huge piles of meat. There's something wrong in the economics equation there.

    ReplyDelete