Monday, April 2, 2012

This would be such an amazing ad for snacks

JAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Cheez Doodles!
Aleksander Gamme is a Norwegian adventurer who recently set a world record for cross-country skiing 2260km from Hercules Inlet to the South Pole and back—alone, without airdrops or kites.

On the trip to the pole, he left stashes of supplies (including his favourite snack foods) for the return trip. He says on the description of this video:
"This is day 86 on my full return South Pole Expedition 2011/2012. I`m quite hungry and about to pick up my last cache by my second pulk which I left on the way in. As a part of my motivational plan I have on purpose not made notes on what goodies I have left behind in the cache.. and on this last one, I didn`t expect very much..."

(Skip to :44 if you get impatient)

Clearly, this was one of the better stashes. The video has since gone viral, and has appeared on Huffington Post.

Great news for Wise Foods, makers of Cheez Doodles. Hopefully Aleksander will get a new sponsor out of it.

Me, I just really, really hope this is genuine and not a cynical marketing ploy. I want to believe!

He seemingly also did an "Ask Me Anything" Q&A on Reddit, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment