Friday, June 15, 2012

The sun will turn your girlfriend into her mother #FdAdFriday


Gwen Sharp at Sociological Images posted this weird PSA from the Belgian Cancer Foundation, translating the message as "ladies, if you don’t do what we say, you’ll be hideous and your guy won’t want you any more."



I am told that Belgian humour is pretty special, so perhaps this ad is taken differently there. Perhaps it's dating me, but from a purely instinctive position I don't find the moms to be unattractive.

The idea of sun damage prematurely aging skin is a solid one. But the risk is more than aging; it's damage. And cancer. And even death.

But that lacks candid camera hilarity, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just found upon your site and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Thanks
    wie bekomme ich eine freundin

    ReplyDelete