Friday, September 14, 2012

Bic Cristal for Her Ball Pens now has a TV ad

"Finally! A pen for girls!"

What the hell is going on with Bic pens? I posted earlier this week about the Canadian ad they pulled of its Asian stereotypes and insensitivity towards condemned prisoners.

But the bigger story, which I skipped since others had it well-covered, was its disastrous launch of a pretty line of Bic Cristal for Her Ball Pens.

Yeah, products that target gender stereotypes are nothing new, but mocking this particular one became a kind of sport for amateur feminist wits on Amazon, which caused the hilarious fail to go viral.

Here's an example:
Someone has answered my gentle prayers and FINALLY designed a pen that I can use all month long! I use it when I'm swimming, riding a horse, walking on the beach and doing yoga. It's comfortable, leak-proof, non-slip and it makes me feel so feminine and pretty! Since I've begun using these pens, men have found me more attractive and approchable. It has given me soft skin and manageable hair and it has really given me the self-esteem I needed to start a book club and flirt with the bag-boy at my local market. My drawings of kittens and ponies have improved, and now that I'm writing my last name hyphenated with the Robert Pattinson's last name, I really believe he may some day marry me! I'm positively giddy. Those smart men in marketing have come up with a pen that my lady parts can really identify with. 

Where has this pen been all my life???

Now, to add fuel to the fire, they've released a TV campaign:



Hey, at least people are talking about these issues now.


5 comments:

  1. don't forget the admiring boys surrounding bic man!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pen in the teevee ad (a phattie shown coming in a tu-pac) is different that the 16 count packs that your links in the 2nd P link to?

    i like the phattie pen - interesting shape, good tactile feel. those 16 pen packs are just regular stick pens with differently colored barrels - boring!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear, you have a very good website, I really liked, and your ball pen is very good, I have used it many times. Spend me about it some more, you will spend about me.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome work. I have read the article and it seems to me very innovative indeed. Want to really see some more update here. Keep it up man.promotional advertising pens

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very insightful post indeed with a lot of great points. Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I do hope to see another great article from you. I am great full to see this post. Always keep blogging. I really appreciate lots.This post is such a useful and it works according to the needs of people.promotional advertising pens

    ReplyDelete